Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring has Sprung!!

OK - for all of our California friends who are wondering how we survived the Winter I will get to that in a later post. Because, this Spring has been quite amazing and I have to share some of the photos that I have taken as the green came back.

Things have been coming up for over a month now and I just had to share some of what we've seen so far. Not to mention, the house we are renting had all kinds of flowers planted that we were clueless about since we moved in last November.

The first flowers that we noticed were Hyacinth on the side of the house. Wow, did those smell good. They started popping right out of the snow. Along with the daffodils, these flowers had their little green shoots even after it snowed the last couple of times.

Next came the daffodils and the tulips. These all came in on the front of our house. I would say that there were about 150 blooms when they all came out! When the small Magnolia tree bloomed, we had a great burst of color that I got to drive home to every day. I may have gotten a bit spoiled by all of the color we had. It appeared that our house had the first blooms on the block.

These iris came up on the side of the house when the daffodils went away. There are more waiting to bloom in the back yard. I can't tell you how many different trees and bushes there are all over the city. There is color everywhere. And I hear there's more to come. Just can't wait to see what's next. We have a bush in the back yard with little yellow flowers on it as well as a whole section with Lilly of the Valley. Those really look awesome. But are hard to get a good close up picture.

I show these pictures to locals, and they say 'Wow these are incredible!'. But the funny thing is that they live around these things every year. I think I bring a fresh perspective to the world around me. Maybe we can all take a look at the things that God does around us for a 'fresh perspective' every day. You shouldn't have to move across country to do that.
These pictures are from around town... Some from the park, some from our street we live on, and even some from the local mall! If you click on them you'll get it full size.What a wonderful way to 'wake up' from Winter. I'll talk more about our Winter next time... Until then - Enjoy.


1 comment:

Momma Weber said...

Those pictures are all so beautiful!! I can see why you must love it there.